Business Development Representative
Have you ever wanted to use your sales skills to change lives? We're searching for someone passionate about improving the mental and emotional health of youth, adults, families, organizations, and communities worldwide.
Cope Notes uses daily text messages to improve mental and emotional health. By interrupting negative thought patterns with positive stimulus at a random time each day, we help people just like you train their brains to think healthier thoughts. We've exchanged nearly 3 million texts with more than 35,000 people in almost 100 countries around the world, and we're just getting started.
You'll join our small but mighty team to help us get mental health support into the hands of as many people as possible by arranging meetings with decision-makers at schools, businesses, nonprofits, and other organizations. We expect you to support our mission of #mentalhealthforall by helping to identify opportunities to expand our impact in a fast-paced, social-good startup environment!
- Proactively seek new business opportunities
- Identify and qualify potential leads
- Use prospecting strategies to lead initial outreach
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Present Cope Notes to potential clients
- Build long-term trusting relationships with clients through regular communication
- Set up meetings and demos between prospective clients and Cope Notes representatives
- Participate in sales meetings and demos as needed
- Identify and address the needs and challenges of prospective customers
- Determine each prospect's interest level and triage accordingly
- Maintain up-to-date customer info and records in our CRM
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative or relevant experience within the sales/marketing field
- Hands-on experience with sales techniques, including cold calls and email cadences
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Ability to deliver effective and engaging presentations
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of CRM systems and keeping detailed, accurate meeting notes while setting and completing scheduled tasks and reminders
- Outstanding time-management, task-management, and prioritization skills with a strong interest in automation and workflow processes
- Are customer-focused, motivated by our mission, and excited about building and delivering the best product and support to actively help people
- Have the ability to work autonomously and collaborate within a small team
- Are a quick learner, receptive to feedback, flexible, and eager to iterate and improve in an ever-changing startup environment
- Dream big and approach opportunities in creative ways to craft new outside-the-box solutions
- Quickly assume responsibility and initiative and are willing to take ownership of multiple projects simultaneously
- Are highly organized, data-driven, and skilled at time and project management
- Are filled with a deep desire to positively impact the world
Working with us
The starting salary for this hybrid position is $45,000, with $70,000 OTE. We also offer 401k match and flexible PTO options.
Cope Notes is a mission-driven company that helps people all around the world improve their mental and emotional health. We work with governments, businesses, schools, families, and even individuals like you every single day to stop stigma and save lives.
Plus, we're not afraid to have a bit of fun while we're at it. We know that a sense of humor goes a long way and that work-life balance is essential to self-care. Each team member is committed to making Cope Notes an excellent place to work, from how we conduct our weekly all-hands meetings to how we communicate with each other through video calls and Slack.
A career with Cope Notes provides a profound sense of purpose and unmatched opportunity for rapid advancement in a fast-paced, hands-on, yet uniquely positive and laid-back startup atmosphere. Our team enjoys the flexibility to manage their own schedule and the creative license to shape strategy, messaging, product, culture, and more. If this sounds like what you're looking for, we can't wait to meet you!
Complete this short form and we'll get back to you as soon as possible! We look forward to reviewing your application.